Mobile design, web design, interaction/experience design, visual design, and product strategy. Can demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design and established interaction patterns. Familiar with product iteration, driven by user-testing.
Mainly designing with Sketch (Bohemian Coding) these days, and prototyping in Origami.
Experienced in designing for both iOS and Android platforms.
Professionally fluent in Chinese.
Facebook; Menlo Park,CA
Product Designer, December 2016 - Present
Currently working on the Growth team at Facebook Messenger, focusing on user engagement and retention for Group Chats.
Wellframe; Boston, MA
Product Design Lead, March 2015 - November 2016
Led product design at Wellframe, a health-tech company that combines clinical programs, data science, and artificial intelligence to develop a powerful, modern, and user-friendly infrastructure for care delivery. Established a robust design process while growing/leading an in-house design team. Worked in partnership with product managers to research and develop inbound requests from users, clients, and our clinical and business teams. Designed Wellframe's live mobile and web dashboard products, which are used daily by at-risk patients and their care providers. Collaborated daily with mobile/web development teams throughout sprint cycles.
Google; Cambridge, MA
Senior UX Design Consultant, November 2014 - March 2015
Worked with the Google Play for Education team, focusing on streamlining content management and purchase flows for educators in the GPFE program. Notable projects include: App icon for the device-default 'Android Device Enrollment app (adhering to Material Design), Student Device Pull app, Request Center dashboard, Content Template creation web flow, Student Content Management web flow, Content Subscription Trial request, and installation flow.
Foxtrot Systems; Cambridge, MA
Director of User Experience, February 2015 - June 2015
Consultant for a delivery logistics startup that had recently won the grand prize at MIT's 100K Pitch competition. Designed an iOS app for client driver use, containing information about each delivery, and an itinerary. Also added functionality and user experience improvements to a web-based dashboard for route managers to schedule deliveries, rearrange stops, and view driver itineraries. Worked alongside several iOS developers to make a mobile application for Foxtrot's customers.
Freelance Design / Consulting; Boston, MA
Design Consultant, May 2011 - Present
Clients include: Google, LinkedIn, United States Fencing Association, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Socialbrain, Info Me, CoUrbanize, GoBlue, Robert Creeley Foundation, Villanova University Equity Society, FitScript LLC, Riverside Fencing Club, Approximate Notions, iQusic, University of Massachusetts Theatre Guild
Intrepid Pursuits; Cambridge, MA
UI/UX Designer, April 2013 - November 2014
Conceptualized and executed UI/UX design for mobile applications (iOS & Android). Collaborated with project managers, fellow designers and researchers, front-end and back-end developers, marketing staff, and product executives daily. Presented concepts, product strategies, app flows, and mockups to clients.
Innermost Labs; New Haven, CT
Co-founder, UI/UX Designer, August 2012 - March 2013
Co-founded an LLC with Sahar Massachi and Adam Hughes. Our startup focused on developing mobile applications that were social-justice oriented. Responsibilities included mobile UI/UX design for iOS and Android, from wireframes to finished products, as well as company branding and marketing material. Graduated from the Connecticut Innovations Accelerator program at Yale Science Park. Successfully launched the Rootscamp 2012 conference app, which was used by 2500+ conference attendees.
Google Developer Groups; Cambridge, MA
Instructor/Host, May 2015 - November 2016
- Organized and co-taught "UX Design for Mobile Developers", a weekly class for developers interested in learning the basics of Mobile UX Design. Prepared an hour long lesson for each session, as well as homework assignments and group work for ~30 regular students. All returning students (6 groups of ~5) completed an additional project over 8 weeks, designing wireframes for a food ordering mobile app with e-commerce capabilities.
- Hosted a variety of tech-themed events throughout Boston as a GDG representative.
- Virtual Reality Hackathon & Workshop – Powered by AT&T (Boston); October 2015
- H.H. Brown Shoe Hack (Cambridge); August 2014
- MHacks (University of Michigan); September 2017
- MHacks (University of Michigan); October 2018
- Facebook Internal Hackathon, Hack 61 – (Menlo Park): Won - Judges’ Choice: Ship It Yesterday; October 2018
- TVNext Hackathon – Hosted by Spotify & Hill Holliday (Boston): Won - Best Overall Project; October 2015
- Mashable Travel Hackathon – Hosted by Mashable & Emirates Airlines (Cambridge): Won - Best Execution; March 2014
- Intrepid Pursuits Company Hackathon: Won - Best Overall Project; December 2013
Mount Holyoke College; South Hadley, MA
BA Film, BA English